This is the responsorial psalm for the 6th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle A.
A lively song extolling the joys of following God’s law, the words are taken from the epic and glorious Psalm 119.
Download the music sheet and MP3 after the jump.
– Sing this joyfully but be careful of going too fast otherwise the verses will be impossible to sing clearly.
– Sing the response twice at the beginning and at the end. But note that the last time the response is sung, the melody resolves.
– Also, in the music piece, I have the last word of the response sustained for all 4 measures. You may choose to shorten this to only 2 measures if you run out of breath.
Story Behind the Song:
The verses’ melody is taken from an older setting I composed for the Gloria/”Glory to God” around 5 years ago. The response/antiphon melody is all new.
You are free to use this music, copy it, re-post it, spread it, duplicate it, and do whatever you want with it as long as it meets two requirements:
(1) It should be for non-commercial purposes and:
(2) Please pray for the intention this week: our world leaders.
Since the responsorial psalm this week talks about following God’s law, please pray for our world leaders and government— that they may realize there are higher laws than earthly laws, which they will have to answer to in the final judgment. May our world leaders govern wisely and peacefully and fight for the rights of the downtrodden and the poor.
If this music is a blessing to you, feel free to spread the word. And join us on Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/MassMusicByLionel] so you get the latest updates even before they hit this blog!
God bless your music ministries. May you be used to spread the love and joy of Jesus our Lord through the music He’s blessed you with.