I found this on the CFC Global/FFL group on Facebook and thought I’d share it here.
PURPOSE OF A MUSIC MINISTRY
1. To worship God through music.
Psalm 27:6 (All Scripture quotations are from the NASB.) “And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.”
2. To praise God through music.
Psalm 150:3–4 “Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.”
3. To lift the emotions of the heart.
James 5:13 “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises.”
4. To learn Scripture and spiritual truths by singing.
Psalm 32:7–8 “Thou dost surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go.”
5. To encourage one another with biblical truth through music.
Ephesians 5:18–19 “be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord.”
6. To instruct and convict by the scriptural texts of the songs.
Isaiah 55:11 “So shall My Word be which goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
7. To introduce others to Jesus Christ through special concerts which can be an outreach to the unsaved.
Psalm 40:3 “And He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear, and will trust in the Lord.”