Responsorial psalm for the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B.
This is a song asking for God’s wisdom that the psalmist may live a life pleasing to the Lord.
Download links for music sheet and MP3 file are after the jump.
- PDF of the music sheet
- MuseScore file used to construct the music piece
- MP3 file of the instrumental – for reference – 3.06 MB
- The time signature between response (in 4/4) and the verses (in 3/4) is tricky. Make sure to study the MP3 file for guidance on how to transition from one to another.
- Sing the response twice at the start.
- Maintain a steady and moderate pace throughout.
Story Behind the Song:
Here’s how the weird time signatures came about. I composed the response on a different day from the verses. When I tried to make the entire song fit in 3/4 or in 4/4, either the verse suffered from having to go too fast or the response suffered from becoming too slow. In the end, I decided to keep the two separate time signatures and simply make the transition (A7sus – A7) before the response a steady 4/4 in order to prepare the congregation for the tempo of their response.
If you use this music, please do so for non-commercial purposes. I do ask that you please pray for an intention for each song you use. For this psalm, please pray for those newly baptized–that they may grow to love and serve our Lord Jesus on a daily basis.
If this music is a blessing to you, feel free to spread the word. Join me on Facebook so you get the latest music pieces and videos — much earlier than on this blog.
God bless your music ministries. May your music help people reach Jesus our Lord in prayer!