My name is Lionel Valdellon and I compose liturgical music for the Catholic Mass.
I’ve served in Catholic parishes in the Philippines for well over 15 years, as singer, cantor, accompanist and musical director. I’ve served in my current parish in California for over 3 years now. These are some of the parishes I have been part of:
- St. Joachim Church, Hayward,CA – present
- Shrine of Mary Queen Of Peace, Edsa Shrine (BlueNotes Choir) 2003-07
- Chapel Of The Holy Family, Greenhills (BlueNotes Choir) 2006-07
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, Kamuning (SHP Adult Choir) 1995-99
NON-PARISH BASED MUSIC MINISTRIES
I’ve also been a part of several non-parish-based music ministries that have served the Lord through audio recordings, and live performances– bringing music to destinations across the globe.
- Servants Of The Lord music ministry (SOLD Out Band) 2004-07
- Bukas Palad Music Ministry 1990-2002
- Jesuit Music Ministry (Vespers) 1990-2002
Over the years, I’ve arranged and recorded several albums worth of liturgical music, primarily under the Jesuit Music Ministry in the Philippines. Some of the albums I’ve contributed to:
- Vespers 1: Lionel Valdellon (guitar) & Ray Sison (flute) – Free download here.
- Vespers 2: If I Could Touch You . Lionel Valdellon (guitar) & Ray Sison (flute) – Free download here.
- Bukas Palad Music Ministry albums (as arranger, guitarist, singer): Balang Araw, In Him Alone, The Best of Bukas Palad volume 1 and The Best of Bukas Palad volume 2.
- Sumibol (as arranger, instrumentalist)